For more than a decade, the REALTOR® Safety Program has provided Associations, brokerages and members resources, tips and tools to stay safe both in and out of the office. This program helps members understand the risks they face while on the job through knowledge, awareness and empowerment. While September has been designated REALTOR® Safety month, it’s important that members keep safety top of mind all year round, which is why NAR continuously updates its safety program with new resources and information to keep its members safe.
Current Resources on www.realtor.org/Safety
- Safety presentation materials, including Powerpoint presentation template, talking points and handouts. These tools are great for office meetings and training sessions.
- Office forms for REALTORS® and clients to help establish safety protocols.
- Archived safety webinars on such topics as personal safety, open house safety and holiday season safety tips.
- Videos and monthly articles to discuss during meetings and share in monthly communications.
- Dynamic safety widget revealing a new safety tip each week and Web banners to post on your website.
- Links to safety programs from Associations all over the U.S.
What’s New on www.realtor.org/Safety
- NAR has expanded its resources to include information on safety smart phone apps to download, safety products to purchase and safety experts available for safety training presentations.
- New articles that can easily be shared with your members, from convention safety to safety forms to cybersecurity.
- As part of its Window to the Law video series, NAR’s Legal department presents legal tips and best practices to take into consideration when implementing safety programs and policies to help agents stay safe.
Safety Resources Available at the 2014 REALTORS® Conference and Expo
- Pick up a safety flyer that offers tips to help members stay safe when at a convention.
- Receive a free REALTOR® Safety Tips wallet card at NAR Booth #1019. These cards are also available at the REALTOR® Store as a free e-download or for purchase at the discounted price of $9.99 for a pack of 100 (sale price available until Dec. 31, 2014).
- Get daily safety tips via the convention Twitter account.
- Watch NAR-TV to see two safety videos.
Ongoing and Upcoming Communications
- Biannual safety webinars held in the spring and fall.
- Weekly update of the safety widget with a new safety tip that can easily be shared with members.
- Monthly communications on various safety topics you can share with your members as they develop their own personal safety protocols.
- Inclusion of a REALTOR® Safety video in NAR’s Orientation Toolkit, which is mailed to all State and Local Associations in January.
- Development of a Crisis Communication Plan for Associations to use in the event of a tragic incident (available in early 2015).
Vice President, Marketing & Business Development